Moist, fluffy, and delicious banana chocolate chip muffins. These muffins make a great breakfast muffin or even an afterschool snack.
Banana Muffins are delicious enough but adding chocolate chips to the mix makes them even more delicious and the chips add a pleasant crunch to them.
These muffins incredibly moist and using overripe bananas really increases the fluffiness and moisture of the mixture. That’s really the trick to creating super moist muffins – use overripe bananas! It’s the perfect way to reduce food waste – bake up some deliciousness!
Great for Breakfast, Great for Snacks
These muffins are a family favorite and the children ask for them for breakfast as well as dessert.
These muffins also make tasty afterschool snacks and they even make a great addition to packed lunches or kids or adults!
Bakery Style Muffins
To achieve the higher tops that bakery-style muffins are known for, you must adjust the temperatures on the oven. It’s really simple, just start with the oven at 425° and after 5 minutes reduce the temperature to 375° for another 13 minutes.
Here are a few other recipes that use this baking method:
This allows the muffins to rise quickly at first and then by reducing the time, the insides bake lower and slowly producing a moist inside and crunchy outside.
RELATED: Caramel Banana Muffins
Preparing the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
When I don’t use muffin liners I make sure to spray a nonstick baking spray on my muffin tins so that they don’t stick and become hard to get out of the tins. Using nonstick baking spray makes it incredibly easy to remove the muffins because it has flour in the spray mixture, it’s perfect for muffins, cupcakes, and bread recipes. It is great for all baked goods, really.
One great tip to getting moist muffins is to use overripe bananas. The bananas will mash easily and they will blend into a light and fluffy batter.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup bananas (ripe, about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Grease or line 12 muffin cavities.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, and egg.
- Beat in the bananas and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry mixture slowly into the banana mixture and blend. Do not overbeat.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top and bake in the preheated oven at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 375° and bake for an additional 13 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g