Light and fluffy homemade blueberry muffins made using a boxed white cake mix and other pantry ingredients. These muffins can be made with either fresh or frozen blueberries.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
This recipe is made using a white boxed cake mix combined with just a few simple ingredients that create moist, fluffy, and flavorful muffins.
This recipe comes together quick and easy, making these muffins a fun and easy recipe for the kids to make.
RELATED: Caramel Banana Muffins
Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
It doesn’t matter which type of berries you use in this blueberry muffin recipe. When using fresh berries, wash and pat them dry before adding them to the ingredients.
When using frozen blueberries, add them frozen so that they don’t break down while mixing the muffin batter. Of course, if you want the berries to burst open and to create a purple marbling look to your muffins, go ahead and thaw them before use!
RELATED: Lemon Poke Cake
Muffin Baking Tips
Make sure to spray around the rim as well to prevent the muffin tops from sticking.
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp butter, softend
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare muffin tins with liners or baking spray.
- Beat the eggs in a medium-sized bowl and add pudding mix, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour and the cake mix.
- Gently stir in the fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tins and fill 3/4 of the way full.
- Combine the softened butter, ground cinnamon, flour, and sugar until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture equally on top of the muffin batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes. Check the center of a muffin with a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Store in an airtight container.