These cappuccino muffins are made with chocolate chips and espresso powder. Perfect for a breakfast boost or an on-the-go energizing snack.
These muffins are perfect to make ahead of time and can be frozen to eat later.
Easy Espresso Muffin Recipe
Muffins make a quick and easy breakfast or on-the-go snack. These muffins can easily be frozen to eat at a later date, that is if there are any left! This recipe does make roughly 20 muffins.
There aren't many ingredients required to make these cappuccino muffins and they're common pantry staples. Espresso powder is added into the mix to give a smooth coffee flavor and for a caffeine kick.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips give these muffins a chocolate flavor and the combination of chocolate and coffee is a match made in Heaven.
RELATED: Caramel Banana Muffins
Light and Fluffy Muffins
To create light and fluffy cappuccino muffins, the key is to beat the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
The egg is added and beaten into the butter mixture until it is light and fluffy.
The espresso powder is stirred into the warm milk and added into the bowl with the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt is stirred until combined.
The dry mix is beaten into the wet mixture until just combined. It's important to not over beat the muffins or else they will be dense.
Chocolate chips are then folded into the muffin batter.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
Other Breakfast Muffins Recipes
If you don't want an extra caffeine kick, these other muffin recipes would be a great afternoon snack or breakfast.
These Jumbo Chocolate Chunk Muffins are made with cake mix and taste like Costco's muffins!
During the Fall season, these Pumpkin Spice Muffins are a warm and comforting treat.
Another easy cake mix muffin recipe are these Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins. These muffins can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries!
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, slightly warmed
- 2 tablespoon espresso powder (instant espresso granules)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Line muffin tins with muffin liners. The batter makes approximately 20 muffins.
- Beat the softened butter and granulated sugar together in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, beat until light and fluffy.
- Warm the milk slightly and dissolve the espresso into it.
- Add the milk to the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the liners ⅔ of the way full and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Oven temps and times may vary. Check with a toothpick to check for doneness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.