Flavorful chocolate chip banana bread made with semi-sweet chocolate chips and ripe bananas.
The riper the bananas for this delicious bread the more flavorful the bread is!
What’s In Chocolate Chip Banana Bread?
- Ripe bananas – the riper the better
- Vegetable oil
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Walnuts- if desired or any other baking nut you like
RELATED: Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
What Kind of Bananas to Use for Banana Bread?
Don’t throw those overripe bananas away! The bananas matter when it comes to making banana bread. Green bananas lack flavor and even the yellow bananas leave more to be desired when making banana bread.
For delicious and flavorful banana bread, go for the ripest bananas you can get. That means the ugly brown and black banana peels! As long as the bananas aren’t rotting, use them!
When a banana becomes very ripe, the sugars break down in the bananas and create more flavor and the mushiness of the bananas really helps the texture when making banana bread.
RELATED: Caramel Banana Muffins
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Directions
Mash the bananas- Mash the ripe bananas and beat the eggs into the bananas until well combined.
TIP: There are no bananas too ripe for banana bread! The riper the banana the more flavorful it will be.
Stir in the milk and vegetable oil. Mix in the granulated sugar.
Combine the dry ingredients- Combine the baking powder, salt, the spooned & leveled all-purpose flour, and the chocolate chips.
Tip: Mixing the chocolate chips with the flour will help prevent the chocolate chips from sinking into the banana bread. If using walnuts, they will be added at this time.
Add the dry ingredients- Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until the flour mixture is moistened. You don’t want to overmix the batter because the banana bread will come out dense and dry.
Add batter to pan- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and gently give it a shake or tap it on the countertop so the top evens out.
Bake in the preheated oven- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
Cool the banana bread- Cool the chocolate chip banana bread for 10 minutes before removing it from the loaf pan.
Transfer the bread to a wire cooling rack and allow it to cool completely. Wrap tightly for storage.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts - optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper to grease and flour the pan well.
- Mash the ripe bananas and beat the eggs into the bananas until well combined.
- Stir in the milk and vegetable oil.
- Mix in the granulated sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground cinnamon, baking powder, salt, all-purpose flour, and chocolate chips.
- Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until the flour mixture is moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and gently give it a shake or tap it on the countertop so the top evens out.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing the banana bread.
- Transfer the bread to a wire cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Wrap tightly for storage.
If using nuts, you can substitute with your favorite nut instead of walnuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.