Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are thick, chewy, and full of chocolate deliciousness. These cookie bars are easy to bake and easy to customize for Holidays such as Easter and Christmas.
Cookies are great but cookie bars are, too! Cookie bars are thicker than cookies, they're super chewy, and there is chocolate in every bite.
These cookie bars are easy to bake and they're best made in a 9x13 baking pan. After preparing the cookie dough, it is then pressed into the greased baking pan. Using your fingers, press the cookie dough evenly into the pan.
It takes about 25 minutes to bake these cookie bars. The centers are soft and chewy, and the top of these bars are crunchy. Don't overbake these cookie bars, they still bake while sitting in the pan and cooling.
Slicing The Cookie Bars
I like to use my pastry chopper to cut these bars, the slices come out evenly it's a great tool to have in the kitchen.
This dessert can easily be sliced into 12 large bars or can be sliced smaller if preferred.
By greasing the baking pan it makes it very easy to remove the sliced cookie bars from the pan.
Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
By adding M&M's, these bars are easily customizable for any occasion or Holiday. Simply add ½ cup of your desired M&M's (such as pastel colors for Spring or Easter) to the mix for baking and add another ½ cup to the top of the dough after the come out of the oven.
You can also switch up the chocolate chips in this recipe for different textures. By using mini chocolate chips, the bars are more smooth. Using regular-sized chips they add more texture to the cookie bars.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Beat in the dry ingredients and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Don't overbake.
- Once the cookie bars are removed from the oven, add additional chocolate chips (and/or) M&M's.
- Allow the cookie bars to cool completely before slicing.
*To make these cookie bars with M&M's use 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of M&M's.
You can also use mini chocolate chips in place of the regular M&M's.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 439mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g