Sharing is caring!
These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have a soft and fudgy center and have crisp edges. They’re a great addition to any Christmas cookie platter.
Easy Christmas Cookies
These cookies are so simple to make and they take simple ingredients. Even though the ingredients are simple, they pack a delicious fudge flavor. Coating these chocolate crinkle cookies is confectioner’s sugar.
This Christmas favorite is fudgy on the inside and crisp and crunchy on the outside.
RELATED: Peanut Butter Balls
Making Crinkle Cookies
The wet ingredients for this cookie are combined and beat well to create a smooth texture.
Once the wet ingredients are added to the bowl, the dry ingredients are slowly added into the mix.
It’s very important to chill this cookie dough for at least 4 hours to prevent these cookies from spreading too much and from them falling completely flat.
Once the dough has chilled, roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and roll the balls around in the reserved powdered sugar.
Place the cookies on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet or use a silicone baking mat. Bake the cookies for 11-14 minutes. Make sure the cookies are crisp on the edges but also that the centers aren’t too fudgy.
Once the cookies are removed from the oven and if desired, sprinkle additional powdered sugar on the tops.
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, for rolling cookies
- Combine the cocoa powder, granulated sugar and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and flour slowly.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats.
- Roll the cookies into 1 inch balls and roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets and bake for 11-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and dust with additional sugar if desired.
Chilling the dough is necessary to prevent the cookies from falling flat and spreading.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Sharing is caring!