Cheesy Crockpot Rotel Dip is made using just five ingredients including Italian sausage and diced jalapenos for a spicier and more delicious flavorful.
Adding the list of ingredients is cream cheese to help balance the cheese and to create a smooth velvety texture. This recipe takes just a few minutes to put together as the Crockpot does all the work and this Rotel Dip is a crowd-pleaser time after time!
Crockpot Rotel Dip is Easy to Make
Making Rotel Dip in a Crockpot or slow cooker is easy and it’s a great set it and forget it recipe. Unlike with the stovetop where you need to stand over the stove and babysit it to make sure the cheese isn’t scorching the Crockpot slowly melts all of the ingredients together.
Either way you. make it, this recipe creates a cheesy dip that only needs to be mixed together before serving.
RECIPE: Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
Cheese Dip For A Crowd
This cheese dip makes enough for 24 servings. If you want to reduce the number of servings, use 16 ounces of Velveeta cheese instead of 32 ounces. Everything else in the recipe stays the same so it’s an easy alteration for the Crockpot Rotel Dip.
Ingredients in Crockpot Sausage Rotel Dip
- Velveeta cheese (any processed cheese will work)
- Cream cheese
- Original Ro*Tel with green chilies – the Orginial adds heat to the dip. Alternatively, you can use the “mild” version for less of a spicy flavor.
- Mild Italian Sausage (or Hot Sausage if you want your dip spicier)
- Diced jalapenos – start with 1/2 cup and add more to taste (these can be omitted if you don’t want your cheese dip to have any spiciness. I prefer jarred jalapenos with juice for extra flavor.
Crockpot Rotel Dip Directions
Brown the meat- In a skillet, cook and crumble the Italian sausage. The sausage can be swapped out for ground beef or omitted altogether depending on your taste.
Cube the Velvetta and Cream cheese- Cube the processed cheese and also the cream cheese.
Add the ingredients to the Crockpot- Drain and add the Italian sausage (or ground beef) to the Crockpot and top the meat with the cubed processed cheese and the cubed cream cheese.
Layer the can of Rotel on top of the other ingredients and add the desired amount of jalapenos on top.
Stir the ingredients- Give the ingredients a stir to combine them and place the lid on the Crockpot.
Slow-cook the Rotel dip- Set the Crockpot or slow cooker to High for two hours.
Stir and serve- Remove the lid from the Crockpot, stir the ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips. Add additional diced jalapenos if desired.
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese (or other processed cheese)
- 1 pound mild Italian Sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounces Original Rotel with green chilies
- 1/2 cup diced jalapenos, jarred
- In a skillet, cook and crumble the Italian sausage. The sausage can be swapped out for ground beef or omitted altogether depending on your taste.
- Cube the processed cheese and also cube the cream cheese.
- Drain and add the Italian sausage (or ground beef) to the Crockpot and top the meat with the cubed processed cheese and the cubed cream cheese.
- Layer the can of Rotel on top of the other ingredients and add the desired amount of jalapenos on top.
- Give the ingredients a stir to combine them and place the lid on the Crockpot.
- Set the Crockpot or slow cooker on High for two hours.
- Remove the lid, stir the ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips.
- Add additional diced jalapenos if desired.
When reheating this cheese dip, add a splash of milk while heating on low so as to thin the cheese dip.
Depending on your desired spiciness level, add more diced jalapenos or reduce the amount you put in the dip. Original Rotel Dip can be substituted for the mild version to reduce the spiciness level.
For a less cheesy dip and to reduce the number of servings use only 16 ounces of Velveeta cheese in this recipe. Keep all of the other ingredients the same.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 777mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.