An easy skillet lasagna recipe using ingredients commonly found in the pantry. This quick and easy meal is perfect for the family and not only is it tasty – it’s filling, too!
5 Ingredient Meal
This easy skillet lasagna only uses 5 ingredients to make! This one skillet meal is made very common pantry ingredients and the key to a flavorful and delicious meal is the sauce!
Now, there are many jarred sauces to choose and the sauce you choose is based solely on your taste preference! Some like saucy, some like cheesy, and some like their sauces filled with herbs and veggies.
Whatever the sauce you choose, it’ll blend well with the noodles, and cheese. This one skillet meal creates a quick and easy comfort meal and one that is great for even the pickiest of children!
Easy Skillet Cheesy Lasagna
I have to admit, I am a huge fan of cheesy lasagna! This lasagna skillet has 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and a half a cup of Parmesan grated cheese. For me, the more cheese, the merrier!
Now, if you want to use whatever you have on hand and you have other cheeses to use, try it!
RELATED: White Chicken Enchiladas
For this recipe, I use regular sized lasagna noodles. I simple cook them according to the package and then slice them to fit my skillet.
You can also use mafalda (mini lasagna noodles) but they’re not a common pantry staple and you’re more like to have the lasagna noodles on hand.
RELATED: Skillet Cheesy Beef Tacos
Oven Safe Skillet
To get the cheeses melted and bubbly on top, broil it in the oven for just a few minutes. But, to do this, you will need an oven-safe skillet. I prefer to use my cast iron skillet whenever I am cooking a skillet meal and placing it in the oven to broil.
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 26 oz pasta sauce, your choice*
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmsean cheese, grated
- parsley, for garnish, optional
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to directions.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain the beef in an oven-safe skillet.
- Combine the sauce with the cooked beef, remove half of the beef mixture and set aside.
- Break the cooked lasagna noodles to lay enough of them to cover the beef.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the steps, starting with the remaining beef.
- Sprinkle any additional cheese on top of the lasagna (optional)
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil and remove the cover from the skillet.
- Broil in the oven for about 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Use your favorite pasta sauce for this recipe. This is meant to be a quick and easy meal that uses a small list of ingredients. The majority of the flavor comes from the pasta sauce so it's your preference!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 995mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 36g