Instant Pot Garlic Sesame Beef & rice made with jasmine rice pot in pot. The Sweet and savory flavors in this Asian dish make a delicious and filling meal.
Sweet & Savory
Sweet and savory flavors of garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce create a flavorful combo of flavors. Pairing this dish with sticky rice makes it a complete meal and it’s all made at the same time!
Quick and Easy Instant Pot
Making Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Beef & Rice in a pressure cooker is so incredibly easy and it does make a ton of dishes. Everything is made at the same time and it only cooks under pressure for 7 minutes.
After allowing a 10-minute natural release, the lid is removed along with the rice. A slurry of water and cornstarch is created and added to the Instant Pot to thicken the tasty sauce for serving.
Creating a Slurry
When using the Instant Pot a useful and easy tip is to create a slurry with cornstarch and water for your meals. Pressure cookers trap water and do not allow it to escape so a lot of dishes come out with a watery or soup consistency.
By creating a slurry and adding it back to the pot on the SAUTE mode allows water to cook off and the dish to thicken.
RELATED: Instant Pot Autumn Beef Stew
Serving Garlic Sesame Beef & Rice
Once the slurry has been added and it’s ready to serve, simply toss the beef with additional sesame seeds and sliced green onion.
Option to Marinate
Whether you choose to marinate the beef overnight or 1 hour, it’ll be delicious! You can, of course, opt on out marinating when in a pinch and still produce a flavorful dish that the family will love.
Dump and Start
There’s no requirement to saute the beef for this recipe before adding the other ingredients. You can simply dump all of the ingredients into the pressure cooker and top with the pot of rice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Easy Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Chili
Family-Friendly Freezer Meal
All of the ingredients for the beef can be prepped ahead of time and frozen. Make sure to freeze it in a fashion that will fit inside of the pot but also allow a pot of rice to sit on top.
- 1 lb thin sliced sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- green onion, sliced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water (for slurry)
- Combine the sugar, beef broth, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, and half of the toasted sesame seeds together in a bowl. Add in the thinly sliced sirloin beef, stir to coat, and cover. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE and saute the beef in batches to brown all sides.
- Add the marinade and beef back into the Instant Pot.
- Using the pot in pot method, rinse and add the rice and water into the pot and set it on a trivet inside the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 7 minutes.
- Allow the pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Carefully remove the pot of rice and set the pressure cooker back to saute.
- Combine the cornstarch and water to create a slurry and add to the pot.
- Saute until the sauce starts to thicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 609Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 34g