This Instant Pot Spinach and White Bean Soup is pressure cooked with a delicious blend of spices and topped with Parmesan cheese. Skip the cheese garnish and this soup is perfect for those on a vegan and vegetarian diet.
This soup is ready in less than 20 minutes and it’s incredibly easy to put together. Eat this soup as a meal or a side dish, it’s a delicious choice for either!
Is Instant Pot White Bean Soup Vegan?
Yes! If you skip out on the Parmesan cheese in this recipe this is a great recipe for Vegans and Vegetarians alike. This Instant Pot Spinach and White Bean Soup recipe uses beans, grains, vegetable broth, spices, and other veggies.
Can I Use Cannellini Beans instead of Great Northern Beans?
Yes! These beans are interchangeable! Cannellini beans are a bit larger than Great Northern Beans but they have similar flavors and textures.
RELATED: Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
Can I Substitute Brown Rice for the Jasmine Rice?
Sure can, the pressure cooking time will change as brown rice takes longer to cook. The pressure cooking time will change to 13 minutes with the same 10-minute natural release as the Jasmine Rice.
Is White Bean Soup Gluten-Free?
Yes, this soup is naturally gluten-free. When choosing your vegetable broth check the label to ensure that it in fact gluten-free.
Rice is naturally gluten-free as well.
What’s in Spinach and White Bean Soup?
In this Instant Pot Spinach and White Beans soup, you will find rice, beans, a dried blend of spices, and broth.
How to Make Instant Pot Spinach and White Bean Soup
Soup is very easy to make in the Instant Pot and you rarely have to worry about getting a burn notice because of the amount of liquid in soup recipes.
To make this soup there are just a few easy steps to follow:
Saute the onion and garlic- This step can be skipped if chosen but sauteing these ingredients creates a richer flavor in the soup.
Set the Instant Pot to saute and add in the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and saute until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
Deglaze the pot- Pour in the vegetable broth and lemon juice. Deglaze the pot to remove any stuck-on bits from the bottom of the liner. Skipping this step will most likely result in a burn notice and the soup will not pressure cook.
Add the other ingredients- Add the jasmine rice and pour in the rinsed beans.
Add the seasonings- Top off with parsley, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Place two bay leaves on top.
Pressure cook the soup- Close the lid and pressure cook on HIGH pressure using MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes.
Naturally release pressure- Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the lid away from the face.
Add the spinach and serve- Once the lid is removed, discard the bay leaves. Set the pot to saute and stir in the spinach. Saute until the spinach begins to wilt, press cancel. Serve this Instant Pot Spinach and White Bean Soup with cheese or make it Vegan by skipping out on the cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can Great Northern Beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Jasmine rice, rinsed *
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups spinach
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute and add in the olive oil.
- Add the diced onion and the garlic. Saute until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and lemon juice.
- Deglaze the pot to remove any stuck-on bits from the bottom of the liner.
- Rinse the rice and add it to the pot.
- Pour in the drained beans.
- Top off with parsley, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Place two bay leaves on top.
- Close the lid and pressure cook on HIGH pressure using MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes.
- Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid away from the face.
- Discard the bay leaves.
- Set the pot to saute and add in the spinach.
- Saute until the spinach begins to wilt, press cancel.
- Serve with Parmesan if desired.
Rinse the rice before adding it to the pot. It helps get rid of the gummy texture that rice sometimes has when pressure cooked.
* Brown rice substitute- Pressure cook on HIGH/PRESSURE COOK setting for 13 minutes instead of 4 minutes. Allow the same 10-minute natural release and proceed with the recipe as normal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 995mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.