This kid-friendly Instant Pot Taco Pasta is ready in a matter of minutes! It tastes delicious topped with tortilla chips.
We all want easy weeknight dinners. Ones without fussing and complaining about what's sitting in front of them. There are so many delicious and kid-friendly meals to make in the Instant Pot and this Instant Pot Taco Pasta is definitely one of them!
Pasta in the Instant Pot
Making pasta in the Instant Pot can be a bit intimidating but it's really not that difficult! Once the basics are learned you will have Instant Pot pasta success!
Here are a few tricks to having success:
- Submerge the pasta completely underwater
- Stagger the pasta pieces so that they don’t stick together (especially helpful for spaghetti noodles)
- Pressure cook the pasta for half the time it takes on the stovetop minus 1 minute.
It's important to know that the pasta must be submerged in the liquid or the pasta will not cook properly and will come out hard.
RELATED: Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
Make it a 6 Ingredient Meal
This recipe gets even easier if you don't mind using a taco seasoning packet. By skipping the dry spices in the ingredient list and replacing it with a seasoning packet, the whole meal only takes 6 ingredients to make.
If you're in a rush or don't have the extra spices on hand - grab a seasoning packet and throw it in!
Serve with Tortilla Chips
I serve this Instant Pot Taco Pasta with tortilla chips. Either crushing the chips up and topping the pasta with them or using scoop tortilla chips and dipping them in the meal - it's good! It adds a nice crunch to the deliciously cheesy bite!
- 16 oz rotini pasta
- 3 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Sweet red peppers, diced
- 10 oz super sweet corn
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE and brown the beef. Drain if necessary.
- Add the taco seasonings (may substitute for a seasoning packet if preferred).
- Dice and add the red pepper.
- Pour in the rotini pasta and top with the 3 ½ cups of beef broth.
- Make sure to submerge the pasta completely.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes.
- Very slowly and Intermittently release the pressure. Make sure that the vent is away from faces.
- Once the lid is removed, stir in the 8 ozs of cheese, milk, and super sweet corn.
- Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
You may substitute the seasonings for a taco seasoning packet if desired. Omit, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, salt, black pepper, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and oregano.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 935mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g