Chicken skillet meal with freshly sliced lemon, dried basil, and crisp-tender zucchini, and rotini pasta. Enhanced with the flavors of red wine vinegar and garlic.
Chicken Pasta Skillet
Everything for this skillet meal is prepared in the same skillet other than the rotini pasta. The pasta is cooked separately so that it doesn’t become mushy so it is added at the end before serving.
Using cubed chicken for this meal is ideal because it cooks faster, is easier to serve and the chicken to pasta ratio is better controlled.
RELATED: Instant Pot Taco Pasta
Cooking the Chicken
To make the chicken for this dish, cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Add the olive oil to the skillet, along with the red wine vinegar and the garlic.
Sear the chicken on all sides and reduce the heat to cook the chicken until no longer pink inside.
Remove the chicken and allow the chicken to rest.
RELATED: Sausage & Peppers Mac and Cheese
Lemon Chicken Zucchini Pasta Skillet
Add the remaining olive oil and add the sliced zucchini. Cook until crisp tender.
Add the chicken back to the skillet and sprinkle with the desired amount of salt, pepper, and dried basil.
Stir in the cooked rotini pasta and place the lemon wedges onto the skillet before serving.
- 3 cups rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to directions, drain, and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet, add the red wine vinegar, and the garlic.
- Sear the cubed chicken on all sides, reduce heat, and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Remove the chicken and allow it to rest.
- Add the remaining olive oil and cook the zucchini until crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and sprinkle with the desired amount of salt, pepper, and basil.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and add freshly sliced lemons to the skillet before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 27g