This lemon yogurt quick loaf bread is made with everyday ingredients and doesn't need yeast. This bread takes less than an hour in the oven and bakes into a beautifully light and flavorful bread.
Quick Bread Recipe
The fact that quick bread is well, quick isn't necessarily the best thing about quick bread. Quick bread doesn't require yeast which is perfect when you don't have any on hand or if you don't have an experience baking with yeast.
Quick bread recipes such as this Iced Pumpkin Spice Loaf is great for the Fall holidays but this Blueberry Banana Bread is perfect for any time of year. It's great as a breakfast and delicious enough to count as dessert.
Baking No Yeast Bread
To make this bread, you will need a 9x5 loaf pan. The best way to ensure that the loaf doesn't stick inside the pan is to either grease and flour the pan well or to use a baking spray that contains flour.
To get a light and fluffy lemon loaf, it's important to avoid over beating the ingredients. Over beating results in a dense and dry loaf.
Lightly beat the wet ingredients until incorporated and then slowly add in the dry mixture. At this point, it's best to beat on low or use a spoon to mix the dry into the wet.
Around the 40 minute mark, check the center of the loaf with a toothpick to ensure that it is not over baking. Ovens cook differently and it's a good idea to check on the loaf and check with a toothpick in the center of the loaf to see if it is done. If it comes out clean, the lemon yogurt bread is ready to be taken out of the oven.
Allow the lemon loaf to rest for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Once removed, allow it cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour an 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, vegetable oil, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Spoon into the greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick for doneness.
- Allow the bread loaf to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g