Valentine's Day Mini Vanilla Cupcakes are miniature-sized and frosted with vanilla buttercream frosting. Decorating these cute vanilla cupcakes are heart sprinkles.
These cupcakes aren't just Valentine's Day Cupcakes! These mini vanilla cupcakes are a great option for Mother's Day, birthday cupcakes, or any other celebrations where these mini versions would be a fun addition to a celebration.
Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
These vanilla cupcakes are light, airy, and fluffy. These two-bite cupcakes are small but big on flavor and are made from scratch. The buttercream frosting on these cupcakes is a classic American buttercream that is perfect for piping.
These cupcakes are perfect for class parties because it makes enough to serve a class and they're a great size for small hands.
Ingredients in Vanilla Cupcakes
The ingredients for these Mini Vanilla Valentine's Day Cupcakes are straightforward and easy to find.
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Egg whites
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream
- All-Purpose flour
- Baking powder
Ingredients in Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
How To Make Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
To make these vanilla cupcakes you will need a mini cupcake pan as well as mini cupcake liners of your choosing.
Preheat the oven and prepare the pan- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line the cupcake pan with the 24 liners before making the vanilla cupcake batter.
Combine the dry ingredients- Spoon and level the all-purpose flour and combine it with the baking powder and salt. Set the flour mixture aside.
Combine the wet ingredients- Beat the softened unsalted butter and add in the granulated sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in the egg whites one at a time until combined.
TIP: Use an egg separator to make dividing the egg white from the egg yolk easier.
Mix in the vanilla extract, sour cream, and milk by mixing until just combined.
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until the flour mixture is moistened. Do not overmix. It will result in a dry and dense cupcake.
Scoop the batter- A small cookie scoop is perfect for scooping 1 tablespoon of batter into each cupcake liner.
Bake- Bake these mini cupcakes for 10-12 minutes. Check the center of a cupcake with a toothpick to ensure that the cupcakes are done. If the cupcakes don't come out clean bake for a minute or two longer.
Cool the mini cupcakes- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan before removing them and allowing them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Mini Vanilla Valentine's Day Cupcakes
To make these cupcakes Valentine's Day themed use valentine's day mini cupcake wrappers and heart sprinkles to decorate the cupcakes. To make these Valentine's Day Cupcakes even more fun, use food coloring gel to dye the buttercream pink.
Another delicious cupcake recipe for Valentine's Day are these Pink Velvet Cupcakes. They are like red velvet but are dyed pink for the occassion. Both these and the Pink Velvet cupcakes are great to celebrate Mother's Day with as well!
Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 3 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ⅔ cup flour, sifted
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoon milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a mini muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners.
- Combine the spoon and leveled all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugar until well combined.
- Slowly beat in the egg whites one at a time.
- Beat in the vanilla, sour cream, and milk until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overbeat the cupcake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes. Check the center of a cupcake for doneness. Bake for an additional 1 or 2 minutes if necessary.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes before moving the mini cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Beat the softened butter until smooth.
- Slowly beat the powdered sugar into the creamed butter.
- Add in the vanilla and mix.
- Add in 2 -3 tablespoon of milk or as needed to create the desired consistency for frosting. To pipe the cupcakes, you will need stiffer frosting to hold shape.
- Pipe with a 1M piping tip fitted with a piping bag.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.
To make regular-sized cupcakes- bake at 350ºF for 14-16 minutes. Fill the cupcakes ¾ of the way full.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.