Sharing is caring!
Soft and chewy red velvet chocolate chip cookies made with semi-sweet and white chocolate chips.
These cookies are thick, soft, and chewy. Biting into these cookies are a lot like biting into a brownie. The chewiness and thickness of these cookies certainly remind me of one!
With a combination of semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, these cookies have a variety of delicious chocolate flavors.
These cookies are festive enough to make during the Christmas season – and a delicious cookie to give! Or if you’re like me and love red velvet, you don’t need an excuse to make these yummy cookies!
Easy to Bake Cookies
These cookies come together rather quickly. After beating the granulated, brown sugar, and butter together, then the egg is beat into the mixture. Then, the milk and vanilla extract is added into the mix.
After sifting the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. It is slowly beat into the wet ingredients. Once everything is combined, the red food coloring is added and beat until the dough is one color.
To reduce the risk of overbeating the cookie mixture, the semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips are stirred into the mixture.
The dough is chilled for 10 minutes before being scooped onto cookie sheets. Doing this results in thick and chewy cookies!
Making these red velvet chocolate chip cookies couldn’t be easier with the help of a few kitchen tools:
Using cookie scoops makes the same shape cookies and it’s so easy to scoop up the batter and drop it onto a silicone baking mat.
The silicone baking mats come in handy when there’s a need to grease cookie sheets. There’s no need to grease baking mats and cleaning them up a breeze because there’s no worry over cleaning a stuck-on mess.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softenend
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Beat together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture and beat in the red food coloring.
- Stir in the semisweet and white chocolate chips.
- Allow the cookies to chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Top with additional chocolate chips once they are out of the oven if desired.
- Allow cookies to cool 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Sharing is caring!