Skyline Chili Dip is made Cincinnati style. Only three ingredients are used to make this dip and it can be made with either homemade Cincinnati-Style Chili or the canned skyline chili variety.
This chili dip has sweet and savory flavors and is layered with cream cheese and cheddar cheese. It is baked until hot and bubbly and is delicious dipped with Fritos and tortilla chips.
What’s in Cincinatti Chili Dip?
It depends. If this chili dip is made using homemade Cincinnati Chili or using the canned variety. Using the canned variety is quicker and more convenient but nothing beats homemade. If making this skyline chili dip homemade, you will need:
- Lean Ground beef (at least 80/20) – the leaner the better.
- Garlic cloves – freshly minced garlic cloves. A garlic press is a great tool to make mincing garlic easily.
- Seasonings- Chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt
- Spices- Ground cinnamon, allspice, and ground cloves
- Beef stock
- Tomato sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Tomato paste
- Granulated sugar
- Worchestershire sauce
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
Here’s the full recipe for the Cincinnati Chili made in the Instant Pot.
This dip is also great to make when you have leftover Cincinnati Chili.
Alternately, two cans of Skyline Chili (or a Cincinnati style chili variety) can be substituted for homemade.
Two other ingredients are used in this recipe as well as dippers.
- Cream cheese – softened
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Frito Scoops
- Tortilla Chips
How to Make Skyline Chili Dip
Making this chili dip is easy and it doesn’t take long to put it together when using leftover chili or using canned chili.
Preheat the oven- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Prepare the dish- Use an oven-safe baking dish or cast-iron skillet for this recipe as it will be baked in the oven. An 8″ or 9″ dish is ideal.
Layer the ingredients- Spread the cream cheese evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
Pour the warm chili over the top of the cream cheese.
Sprinkle the shredded mild cheddar cheese on top of the Cincinnati chili.
Bake- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve- Serve this skyline chili dip with pretzels, Frito scoops, or tortilla chips.
Can You Eat Skyline Chili by Itself?
Yes! You can eat skyline chili just like classic chili. You can also eat Cincinnati Chili with spaghetti pasta, onion, kidney beans, and also oyster crackers. This is the recipe for more on eating Skyline Chili and the recipe to make it homemade.
Is Skyline Chili Dip gluten-free?
It is when it’s homemade! If using canned chili, make sure to check the label for information pertaining to the use of wheat products.
Additionally, for this chili dip to be gluten-free, serve with gluten-free dippers.
Skyline Chili Dip (Cincinnati-Style)
- 2 1/2- 3 cups homemade Cincinnati Style Chili (or 2 cans of Cincinnati Style Chili), heated
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Spread the cream cheese in a layer on the bottom of an oven-safe dish. (8" or 9" inch is best)
- Spread the Cincinnati style chili evenly over the cream cheese
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the chili.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is hot and bubbly - about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos
Heat the Cincinnati Chili before spreading it over the cream cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 998mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g
Nutrition calculation is a rough estimate and can vary depending on the cooking technique and the exact ingredients used. For informational purposes only.