Incredibly delicious soft batch chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are rich in a buttery vanilla flavor and are made with both chocolate chips and chunks.
Cookies are best eaten fresh and these cookies have that fresh and delicious texture of a freshly homebaked cookie even when they’re not freshly baked!
Soft Batch Cookies
The addition of slightly melted butter and brown sugar creates a chewy and soft texture in these cookies. Brown sugar naturally contains molasses so it gives cookies that chewy and delightful bite.
These cookies are made with slightly melted butter. It’s easy to do this in the microwave. The goal is to have the butter slightly melted and the majority of the butter to just be softened. Using completely melted butter will cause the cookies to spread too much and be very flat.
During baking, the cookies should have golden brown edges and be soft in the center. Even after cookies are removed from the oven, they do continue to bake. To achieve soft batch cookies, keep a watchful eye on the oven to prevent overbaking. Oven times vary and it takes anywhere from 11-13 minutes for these cookies to be pulled from the oven.
RELATED: White Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies
I always use silicone baking mats for my cookies because it prevents them from sticking and removing them from the cookie sheets is so simple.
I also use a cookie scoop for my cookies. It’s a great trick and technique for getting the same shape cookies.
Since cookies still bake when cooling, it’s important to transfer them to a cooling rack after 10 minutes. That way, the bottoms of the cookies don’t get too dark or crispy. Plus, the cookies cool faster when transferred to the wire rack!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the unsalted butter for 25 seconds. The butter will be slightly melted, don't melt the butter all the way.
- Beat the granulated sugar and the brown sugar into the softened butter.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the egg. Beat until combined.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the chocolate chunks.
- Use a cookie scoop or drop by rounded tablespoons on an ungreased or cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes - the edges should be golden brown and the centers soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
*The chocolate chunks can be replaced by using an additional 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g