These white chocolate chip mocha cookies are rich and flavorful with a mixture of coffee, white chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. These cookies have crisp edges and a chewy center.
Everyone loves cookies but these cookies have a kick of caffeine. These white chocolate chip mocha cookies have coffee mixed into the batter. Every bite of these cookies has the delicious flavor of coffee mixed with brown sugar.
The mixture of white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips enhances the coffee flavor – it makes this cookie perfect for coffee lovers!
Easy to Make Cookies
These cookies are simple to make. First, softened butter is beaten together with granulated sugar and brown sugar. The egg and vanilla extract is beat in as well.
The next step is to heat the 2 tbsp of water and to dissolve the instant coffee granules into it.
The all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt are sifted together and blended into the sugar mixture.
Alternately, the coffee mixture is added and the dough is beaten until it forms a ball.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips are then stirred into the cookie dough.
It’s important to chill the dough to prevent it from spreading and creating flat cookies while baking. This only takes 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
RELATED: Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Baking the Cookies
I’m a huge fan of silicone baking mats. I use them for all of my baking needs, especially cookies! When transferring cookies to a wire rack for further cooling, the silicone baking mats make the transfer a breeze. There’s no need to worry about the cookies sticking or finding it hard to get a spatula underneath or remove.
I also like to use a cookie scoop to scoop my cookies onto the baking mats. Using a cookie scoop makes it easy to make the cookies the same shape and size.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and both sugars.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Microwave the 2 tbsps of water in a microwave-safe bowl for 40 seconds.
- Stir the instant coffee granules into the water until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly mix in the dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Alternate with the coffee mixture.
- Stir in the white and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for about 10-11 minutes. The edges should be golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.